Monday 28 May 2012

Meng Po

Face no.28 of my 29 Faces for May
Today I am a little sad, as this is the last of my 13 Goddesses
MENG PO
She is the Chinese Goddess of the underworld, who guides the dead through the maze of trials, before they can be reborn.
She is known as the Goddess of Forgetfulness
because, once a soul has completed the trials that await it, she provides it with a cup of her "5 Flavoured Tea"...
which causes them to instantly forget their previous existence, and their visit to the underworld. This allows them to be reborn without "baggage" as we would say :D
My 13th and final Goddess, The Chinese Goddess, Meng Po.

Thank you Simona for hosting this marvellously inspirational challenge :D
Pleasant Dreams :D XXX
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Great interpretation, Gina! I don't think I would want to drink that tea. I'm kind of pissed I don't know what I knew before I came here. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a powerful cup of tea. I love her mythology. And I think the colors you chose for her are wonderful, too. Light enough to forget, but powerful enough to ensure that her image will always linger on the back of the mind...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous goddess and my new facts for the day.
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Goddess!!! Thank you Gina for joining my challenge!! xoxoxo!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok... no offense here but if it weren't for the sketches, i didn't recognize the cup! but that's just me, and she's still gorgeous. imagine if we really had people that do such things as these goddesses do??? wow!

    hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. none taken Babe :D should really be described as a tea bowl :D

      Delete
  6. Very ethereal ;)
    xoxo Sioux
    Similar to Natasha....what I knew before always seems within grasp but never quite makes it!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I really like her Gina! That is some powerful tea! You know, I wonder if the number 5 means something in China, because my Goddess has the number 5 too? I will be linking soon. I am sad the challenge is over!

    ReplyDelete