Thursday 10 September 2015

As the nights draw in....

I love this time of year....
the warm smell of woodsmoke as people begin to light fires in the evenings...
the colours beginning to change on the trees....
the Ghost walks in the dark mwahahahaha...
This is my entry for September's challenge at 

 My haunted house party began as a craft board shape...
 rough sketch and openings cut out(not too carefully as it is supposed to look abandoned)
 Built up layers of gesso and acrylics to give a "weathered" look.
 I glued a piece of acetate to the back, and painted a few "tenants" looking through the windows...
 I used a sheet of card to make a support and lined it with glittery star paper...
 before adding a battery operated candle(that changes colour!!!)
 Looks like they are partying hard in the house on the hill mwahahaha....
 Can't wait to join them...
figuratively speaking of course :D
Enjoy :D XXX
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Oh stars...................... I love this. Yay for the creativity that resides in your heart. This season brings out the best in all of us wackados with a wand.....xoxo Oma Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Booootiful & creative. Thanks for sharing the how-to!!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular! Reminds me of Home Lone 1 ....when he made it look like a party was going on in the house! You have continued to amaze me! xDebi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life just isn't the same without a bunch of ghosts dancing around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow just so much fabulousness here, I reckon it would be amazing to do this for Halloween, we basically get no body calling in, the driveway is a bit steep, and each year I tend to eat the leftovers myself, truly, we had to run up the dark deserted street again last year to try and give away our treats, scared the crap outta those kids... thinking no one will come this year now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this Gina!!!! You are so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Haunted House!! Very clever and well done.
    Thanks for joining us in the dungeon at HDH.

    ReplyDelete