Thursday 20 October 2016

Having a Ghoul's night in?

Sorry...but there are so many gorgeous images around for this time of year
it is hard not to buy...

Today's card is inspired by
Also entering;
*cos Anything Goes sites aren't just for DT postings*


 I find myself avoiding "Sketch" based challenges...
especially when they are as complex as this one...

but I do love me a challenge!
I started by counting the layers...
I needed 5 rectangles + long length across + topper!
I decided the easiest way to make sure the 
layers went together well was to take 5 papers from 
a complete collection.
 but then this scrap of floweriness jumped into the mix...
 and then a scrap of embossed card crept in too.
 The layering looked a bit "flat" but matting each piece
 would have made the card really bulky,
so I just scraped the edges with a sharp blade
*very satisfying mwahahaha...*
A little bit of fussy cutting on the flowery paper
 gave a bit more interest to the cross border

It is much easier to make the base card up
 and then choose colours to use on your topper.
 I NEEDED to use "Sugar Skull" from TPS
I find it best to make a palette on the same paper/card 
as I have printed on before colouring,
 as this gives you a truer colour to choose from
 All in all...I think this turned out pretty cool
for a Ghoul's night in :D
Enjoy :D XXX
BTW...Tomorrow s Magaly's "Witches in Fiction" event
so I will be posting the next instalment of
Photobucket

15 comments:

  1. Hehe.. I feel a bit the same about sketch challenges - some colour challenges too, they make me feel as if the challenge is bossing me about. Having said that, the sketch and the way you have used it work perfectly for this card. I absolutely LOVE your image and sentiment, just perfect for our challenge at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used this particular sketch to great effect for your card! Your colouring is fantastic, too. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunner! I panic when offered a sketch but you've done a great job and your image is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing your gorgeous card with us at SoSS, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute and sexy!! I love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card indeed Gina and I love the title. Have a great weekend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous and wonderful card Gina thank you for joining us over on
    Inspiration Destination
    Dianne xx :)
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great sketch interpretaton Gina. Thank you so much for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    Emma - DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome use of the sketch, great image and fabulous card, thanks for joining us for Day of the Dead at the snarky stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heck ya! Great "ghoul's night"... I'm in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is lovely. I love your whole layout! Beautiful job! Thank you for joining the fun at The Paper Shelter Challenge. I hope you will join us again. I always love to see your fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AMAZING card! And I loved all the tips you shared in your wonderful tutorial... I also avoid sketch challenges as I find them limiting rather than inspiring, especially (as you said) the more complex sketeches... but you ROCKED this one Girlie! Thanks for sharing your awesome creation with us over at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome card! Love that image and the sentiment is perfection!
    Thanks for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for our "D is for Day of the Dead" challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the sketch. Fabulous card.
    Thank you so much for playing along with Addicted to Stamps - Challenge #216 Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just so fabulous! Love the image and how you colored her, and what a great take on that sketch! Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful. I love it. Thanks for joining the sisterhood day of the dead challenge.

    ReplyDelete