People I love

Friday, 20 October 2017

Rescue Freddie

Guess who decided it was ok to come with us
 when we visited him yesterday!!
Fun time Freddie :D
 After investigating the garden he was happily
 before having much needed reassuring back
and belly rubs.
 Even reaching out for "more please"
 And after night of "why don't you want to's 1.30 already?"
fast asleep lol

He doesn't sleep on the sofa, was just having a comfy cuddle
 because Hubby went out without him lol

*we changed his name from Simba to Freddie...
because it suits him and frees him from any bad
associations with his old name*

Tuesday, 17 October 2017

Busy not doing nothing...

Hubby's days off have been very productive lately... 
 slowly but surely we are "weatherproofing" our front door
*which is actually on the side of the house and opens straight into the sitting room*
and building a higher fence into the back garden(gate will be bigger too)
 Ignore the blue as it is a basecoat. The grey green is the colour
 it will all be when finished.
And this area is going to be where the "Wendyhouse" will be moving to.
Once against the house we can run power to it
 for heating in the Winter as Hubby is using it
as a home office at the moment.

 Saw this driving home the other day and just made me giggle...

 We still hadn't decided about getting another dog, but last friday 
one of the rescue groups we'd contacted got back in touch to see
if we would be interested in Fostering. I said yes as this seemed a perfect solution 
Saturday lunch they texted *apologising for disturbing our weekend* but was there
any chance we could have a home check Sunday as they were desperate to help a
particular dog due to be put down today.
We said of course, and a lovely lady rushed over 8am Sunday morning
Inspected "us"and had a wander round the garden and asked if we were prepared to house 
a large dog to get him out of kennels asap.
We said yes.
2 hours later we went to visit Simba...

I could have just hugged him to death...such a sad frightened soul.
He is only a puppy still really about 1 year old Mastiff X Malinois we think.
Not surprisingly he was very skittish 
and barked pitifully trying to scare everyone away.
Fortunately for him I don't do "scared away". He "bounced" me a few times, 
but there was clearly no malice in him...just a big scared puppy who didn't know how to behave.
There was no way we could get him into the car yet so he 
is still at the kennels, but they are happy to keep him while we gain his trust.
I am determined to get him home by next week!

So don't worry if you don't here from me this week.

Tuesday, 10 October 2017

For the Man who has everything....

I was invited to Guest DT over at 
Sponsored by the awesome

I adore all things Steampunk and was instantly drawn to
*cos I knew exactly what I was going to use it on....*
For the man who has everything....or as we call it
"Man Flu!"

To make the bag I chose a fat quarter from my fabric stash
and used a cheap canvas bag ( £1 from Hobbycraft)
as the liner. This meant I didn't have to make handles :D
I then selected a range of colours from my Tonic  "Nuvo Markers"
collection. Hadn't used them before and was pleased with the quality
of the colours.
It also included 3 metallic markers.
I don't normally watermark my pictures, but Rick's digis are so 
detailed and colour so beautifully I didn't want to risk them
being copied.
*before and after colouring*
I printed the original image out onto A4 card,
fussy cut after colouring and glued onto a piece of 
scripted background paper form 
I took this image into my graphics programme and made a
collage using Steampunk Emporium Kit from Daisytrail....
which I printed out onto canvas and paper to use as a label
and for card toppers.
The label  glued and over-stitched in red cotton....
waiting to be filled with goodies to make that poorly
little man feel loved :D

For the matching card I used;
a print out of the same Dr Noir image
 I'd coloured and mounted,
Anna Griffin card stock,
Red chequered washi tape,
Sentiment from Debbi Moore paper kit.

Entering for the following challenges;

Monday, 9 October 2017

Boys just want to have fun...

Welcome to the new challenge at 
sponsored by 

Being a DT member gives me the opportunity to visit blogs
 I may never have seen before, and be continually reminded
about techniques I've used but forgotten about.
This week I am revisiting "Paper piecing"

Using my serif Craft Artist 2 programme(though I guess you can do this
 in any graphics programme)
I cropped and over-layed parts of the image onto digi papers,
printing them all out onto 1 piece of card.

This is a technique I had only every done with stamped images
before so was pleased with how easy it was.

 The base card is covered with papers from my stash,
and the rest of the image is coloured with Promarkers.
 I'd included a "wordy" background paper when printing off my image
and I cut this down into smaller pieces to use as a sentiment.
Loving the final effect :D
Enjoy XXX

I would like to enter this card for the following challenges;